I may watch part of the Olympics this summer after all. Oscar Pistorius, the double amputee who's been trying to make the Olympics for South Africa, has won an appeal from the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which ruled that his carbon-fiber prosthetics don't give him an unfair advantage. The story makes it sound like the IAAF had it in for Pistorius from the beginning.
Furthermore, Kessler explained that the Court found that Brüggemann’s scientific evidence did not show any advantage for Pistorius and that “the I.A.A.F. had not at all follow proper procedures in conducting any of its review. Many of its results were in many respects pre-ordained.”I'm sure that if Pistorius makes the South African relay team, it'll be the most hyped and most watched relay event in the world, simply because of the cool factor. How often do you get to see something like that, after all?
Here's the Random Ten--put the iPod on party shuffle and post the next ten songs that pop up. No skipping LeTigre--we know you like the cars that go boom.
1. Love In Vain Blues---Robert JohnsonAnd I'm sure I'm way behind the curve here, but if you haven't seen the "Uncle Ruckus Reality Show" episode of The Boondocks, one of two episodes that Cartoon Network won't show, you can find it beginning here.
2. Virgin Mary Highway--The Arcade Fire
3. The Nurse--The White Stripes
4. Quality Control Part II--Jurassic 5
5. She Came In Through the Bathroom Window--The Beatles
6. Stickshifts and Safetybelts--Cake
7. If the Papes Come--A Tribe Called Quest
8. Georgia on my Mind--Ray Charles
9. Perfect Love--Veruca Salt
10. Eli, The Barrow Boy--The Decembrists