It Pays to Wait

I thought, when I saw it earlier this evening, that this would be hands down the dumb quote of the day:

"Hello! Uh, my name is Diana and I'm calling from Oregon. Uh, I just wanted to let the SEIU know that, um, America is watching the thug tactics that you folks are using at healthcare meetings and various other public places, and the absolutely thuggish, violent tactics that your group is using. I suggest you tell your people to calm down, act like American citizens, and stop trying to repress people's First Amendment rights. That, or you all are gonna come up against the Second Amendment. Stop the violence!"
Look at the elements--disjointed syntax, accusing the subject of something your side is doing, the threat of violence while telling the other side to stop the violence. It's brilliant in its inanity.

But then Sarah Palin logged into her Facebook account, and you know what's coming next.
The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's "death panel" so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their "level of productivity in society," whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil.
Indeed, such a system would be evil, if one were being suggested. Seriously, this is nuttier than the "we're going to off your grandma" line that Republican House members were spouting recently--this is Michelle Bachmann territory here.

No, it's actually worse.

Newer Post Older Post Home