Oh no, they're all yours

I can certainly understand why Robert Stacy McCain would just as soon that Jeb! disappeared from the political scene--if my party had driven the country into a ditch in the last eight years and reduced itself to a laughingstock, I'd want to do everything I could to remove all traces of that party's leader during that period from view. And I even share the sentiment to a certain extent--if Jeb! were to disappear and never be heard from again, I'd be perfectly content with that.

But you can't just rewrite history:

The first President Bush betrayed the Reagan legacy and handed America to Bill Clinton.

The second President Bush betrayed the Reagan legacy and handed America to Barack Obama.
Poppy continued the Reagan legacy and we wound up in another recession. Dubya put it on steroids and we wound up with the current catastrophe. They didn't betray the Reagan legacy--they fulfilled it.

Besides, if history does repeat itself, we're in for a pretty sweet eight years at the very least. What are you griping about?

Newer Post Older Post Home