Blowfish testicles poison 7 diners in Japan

I don't get thrill-seekers. Call me a stick-in-the-mud or something equally clichéd, but I just don't get the need for self-inflicted adrenalin rushes. I can't say I've ever been tempted to bungee-jump or sky-dive (though hang-gliding does look cool); I can deal with roller coasters, but I've never been excited to go on one; and while I'm all about trying new foods, I've never been tempted to eat something that I know ahead of time might kill me if the chef isn't up to the chore of preparing it.

Although I have eaten my share of fast-food burgers/tacos/etc. over the years--but that's a different category.

Maybe fugu is the most awesome tasting sushi in the world, but I don't know if it is or not, because taste isn't the reason people eat it. People spend all that money on fugu because there's the chance that if the chef messed it up, they could die. Is your life that boring? Are you that unfulfilled? Somebody, please, explain this phenomenon to me.

Newer Post Older Post Home