Assault in south Florida

Fort Lauderdale--Irony was found lying in a puddle outside Broward County Hall this afternoon following a protest carried out by a group calling itself "Americans Against Hate." Irony described the incident as a frontal assault.

"I was just minding my business when this group comes out of nowhere. They jacked me a couple of times to the jaw and I went down, and they kicked me a few times in the ribs. I think I'll be okay, but I'm going to need a lot of Vicodin to get through this, I think. You hear me doctor! None of that Tylenol-3 with codeine crap, Okay!"

"Americans Against Hate" is a group led by activist Joe Kaufman, a man who "once called for nuclear attacks on Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq. Since founding Americans Against Hate as a terrorism watchdog group, he wrote that "pure merciless force" was the only way to deal with Muslims."

Kaufman and his group were protesting some ads that have been running on Broward County busses. The ads, run by CAIR, say the following: "ISLAM: The Way of Life of Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad." From a Muslim point of view, this makes perfect sense, and isn't even controversial. Allah is Yahweh is Jehovah from their vantage point. Kaufman isn't buying it.

The group says the ad is misleading because it implies that Abraham, Moses and Jesus were Muslim.

"That's offensive to both Jews and Christians," said Kaufman, a resident of Coral Springs.
Irony is just wondering how it got caught in the middle of this mess." I was just trying to get to the 7-11 for some taquitos and a copy of High Times. I got no beef with anyone in this deal." Irony was unsure if it was going to press charges in the case.

Newer Post Older Post Home