Because you've got all those fingers pointing back at you? Someone might want to remind Austin Hill of Townhall about that little saying, because I think he's in need of reminding.

As I pointed out in that column, many influential friends of mine from both political and business circles, and from both the East and West Coasts, were telling me that they feared “trouble in the streets” if Obama lost the election. That was in July. And now, as we begin the last full week before the election, I can’t help but think that we’re even closer to “trouble in the streets,” regardless of the election’s eventual outcome.
I'll give Hill this much credit--he never quite stoops to the level of saying "the darkies are going to riot," but he edges right up to that line. He expands his claim to liberals in general, as though every Obama supporter made their bones in Seattle at the WTO protests.

He's right about one thing--there has been a ratcheting up of hostilities in the last few weeks of this election season, but it hasn't come from the left (such as it exists in this country). You know where I'm going with this.







I'm not saying that there won't be protests if Obama loses and there are widespread accounts of voter fraud--there probably will be, and I'll be right in the middle of them--but let's not pretend like it's the liberals who are using explosive rhetoric in the last days of this election.

Newer Post Older Post Home