Remember this?



Nearly four years ago, cheesy as this sounds, I put on my black hoodie, walked two blocks up the hill to the school that hosted out polling place, and I cast my vote for John Kerry. I headed down to Stanford where I was part of the most pensive workshop in history, and I listened with bated breath, along with the people who drove me home, to the election returns as John Kerry fell short.

Amy and I cast our votes a week and a half ago, standing in line for four hours to get it done. No hoodie this time--it was a bit warm for that--but I felt even more urgency this time around, as though this was a vote I'd been waiting a long time to cast. Eight years, in fact.

I'll try to find more songs between now and the election--all suggestions are welcome.

Newer Post Older Post Home