Milestones

Thanks to a huge couple of days (and by huge I mean "less than a year ago this was a good week" huge) from readers who followed links to this post from earlier from Shakesville, Ta-Nehisi Coates and Pandagon, we just hit 100,000 visits since I installed the Sitemeter back in June of 2006.

Back then, I was ecstatic if we got 100 visits a day, and until recently, I still looked at that as a basic goal. Hell, when I started this blog nearly five years ago, I'd have been amazed to get that much of an audience. So this is a big milestone for us, and I'd like to take a second to thank all my co-bloggers past and present--Amy, S.O.S., Sedmikrasky, Emily and Bradley--for doing this thing we've done. And I'd also like to thank the commenters we have and encourage lurkers to come out and join the conversation. We try not to bite.

And just to geek out for a minute, I think it's really cool that visitor number 100,000 is from New Zealand. The world's changed more than I could ever have imagined in my lifetime.

Newer Post Older Post Home