That's how you do it

I clicked on this video because my Congressperson was on Face the Nation, and I like to keep up on what she's doing in D.C. I'm glad I did, because she and Gov. Napolitano of Arizona just ate Senator Hutchinson of Texas and former Governor Jane Swift of Massachusetts alive, especially on the issue of equal pay for equal work. The video is 12 minutes long, but it's worth watching, and if you get to about eight minutes in, you can see the latest Obama ad hitting Mccain over the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. Gov. Swift tried to spin it as a bill meant to enrich trial lawyers, but Rep. Wasserman-Schultz was having none of it. Neither was Gov. Napolitano.


Watch CBS Videos Online

I think this is a good line of attack on McCain, by the way, because it's one thing to have a woman as a running mate, and it's another thing entirely to be so out of touch as to deny women equal pay for equal work. And I don't know of a woman anywhere, except perhaps Phyllis Schlafly, who thinks a woman ought to be paid less for doing the same work as a man is.

Newer Post Older Post Home