Knock it off already

Dear News Media,

When will we start getting to see all those images of Barack Obama's pant legs and stylish shoes? I hear John McCain sports some Ferragamos. What about getting us a look at Joe Biden's shapely calf muscles?

After all, I'm sure you're taking loads of those pictures--getting those pant legs in the side while you go for a shot of a faux-handmade sign that shouts "We Want Change!" or "McCain for my future!" or some other stirring slogan. Right? I'm sure it's just a standard way to frame the shot and has nothing to do with Sarah Palin's possession of a vagina, right?

Look, I don't quite know how to say this, so I'll just say it straight. I don't like defending Sarah Palin against sexist treatment, because frankly, she stands against pretty much everything that feminism stands for. I feel a bit like those justices who had to find in favor of Larry Flynt--you know they didn't really want to do it, but they rose above their personal squeamishness to do their duty. So knock it off. There's no point in taking these pictures.

Treat Sarah Palin like you do Joe Biden, which is only fair. Ignore her.

Incertus.

Newer Post Older Post Home