What are they hoping for?

I wonder how Hillary Clinton feels right now. She's an honorable woman and a fine Senator and a groundbreaker in the world of electoral politics, and yet right now her loudest supporters are the mouth-breathers at places like No Quarter. This "article" is about Barack Obama's birth certificate, a controversy so stupid that even a right-winger like Confederate Yankee, never one to shy away from looking dumb for a cause, said was a non-starter. The latest theory suggests that Claire McCaskill, a strong Obama supporter, introduced the Senate resolution recognizing John McCain as a citizen and Constitutionally qualified for the presidency, because there were some questions about Obama's citizenship.

Is it irresponsible to speculate? It is irresponsible not to. That's right--No Quarter is up there with Peggy Noonan when it comes to lunacy, and the air is awfully thin when you get that high.

The first time I blogged about No Quarter, I said that Senator Clinton deserved better supporters. I stand by that, but my tone in that post was wrong, because I suggested that Senator Clinton needed to do something about that site. I apologize for that. It's clear that these people are nutballs, and there's nothing that candidates can do to stop nutballs from supporting them.

I started this post with a question, but it's one I don't really have an answer for. It's pretty clear they don't want Barack Obama to be the next President, and based on the comments and the general tone of the posts, that's largely based on Obama's race. They obviously hope that somehow Senator Clinton will still be the nominee as well as the next President, but there's a part of me that thinks they won't be satisfied until the black man who dared to best their candidate is put back in his place. And if that's their motivation, I really hope they vote for John McCain, because I don't want to have anything to do with their kind.

Newer Post Older Post Home