More like this

Barack Obama took a beating from many on the left not long ago because of his callous attitude toward Muslim-Americans. I didn't defend his actions, but I did understand them. After all, when it comes down to "religious positions likely to keep you out of office," being Muslim is only slightly more popular than being an atheist.

But it was still crappy, no question about it, so I was glad to see this:

You know, this is actually an insult against Muslim-Americans, something that we don't spend a lot of time talking about. And sometimes I've been derelict in pointing that out.

You know, there are wonderful Muslim-Americans all across the country who are doing wonderful things. And for this to be used as sort of an insult, or to raise suspicions about me, I think is unfortunate. And it's not what America's all about.
First of all, it's good to acknowledge that it's a slur, and second, it's especially good to admit that he's been buying into the slur, and that he's going to change that. It tells me that he's willing to listen to criticism and change his behavior. Now, about those lapses on sexism...

Newer Post Older Post Home