We're Number One!

Yay?

Fort Lauderdale on Thursday reported the highest gas prices in Florida, with per gallon prices for non-leaded jumping a whopping 9 cents per gallon overnight, from $3.31 to $3.40, according to the AAA media Web site for retail gas prices.

Glad we filled up yesterday, seriously. Even so, this is hurting a lot of people. I can't say I feel for all of them--if you bought an SUV in the last three years, for instance, I have precious little sympathy for you. Maybe that makes me a dick, but it's not like high gas prices have come out of nowhere. I wish that this would cause the state and local government to get on the stick regarding public transportation, including light rail, but I don't see that happening any time soon. Maybe if everyone making less than 6 figures has to move out of south Florida, that'll make a difference. After all, West Palm Beach was originally built to house the servants who worked on Palm Beach--if enough of the service class bails, they'll have to offer enough in the way of services and higher wages to make it possible for us to live here.

Newer Post Older Post Home