Vacation Pictures

I returned from vacation today and thought I'd post a couple of pictures.

From the airplane as we leave South Florida. The Atlantic was as smooth as glass:

















A Connecticut cat:


















Early morning fog:

















My husband and I are avid coffee drinkers, but his brother, with whom we were staying, does not drink coffee. We contemplated buying a very cheap coffee maker from Target to keep at his brother's house for when we visit. However, when we mentioned to his parents that we were going to buy a coffee maker, they quickly squashed the idea and declared they had a coffee maker somewhere in the basement (they don't drink coffee either). His father went downstairs, and when he returned, he had with him a percolator from 1956. He pulled it out of the plastic bag they stored it in and I was bowled over by the beauty of it. The thing was over fifty years old and it had never been used. They had received it as a wedding gift. It was in pristine condition. My husband was skeptical as to whether we should use it, but I insisted (so much for keeping it in pristine condition). It worked perfectly--the coffee was terrific. I didn't want to part with it (I wanted to bring it home and display it on the counter) but we left it where we found it, and plan to use it again when we return.

Newer Post Older Post Home