6 Word Memoirs

I have not officially been tagged by the 6 word memoir meme, but I've seen other blogs who have been tagged, and I think it's the coolest meme yet. So I'm grabbing a stranger's hand and tagging myself! Ha!

The meme has been popular in magazines etc. lately. I think I even saw an add for a book of them. The backstory claims it was invented by Ernest Hemingway, who, asked if he could write a novel in six words, wrote:

For Sale: baby shoes. Never used.
None of the others I've seen quite live up to the original. (I think I saw a decent one -- on that advertised book -- from Stephen Colbert: "Well I thought it was funny.")

So here's the meme: I TAG Bradley, Paul, Mark, Walrus, Batocchio ... I in-house tag S.O.S and Brian, and basically I tag everyone who reads this. TAG IT'S YOU!
1. Write your own six word memoir

2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like

3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere

4 Tag five more blogs with links

5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!


Amy in 6
Swimming slumming rumming, reading roving loving.

Newer Post Older Post Home