Huh. Didn't know they could do that

I really don't know how else to read this. NY Times columnist Roger Cohen has endorsed Barack Obama. I don't disagree with the endorsement, obviously--the recent flap over Clinton's confusion about the Texas primary has pretty much killed the "she's the competent one" argument for me--but from reading Krugman for the last five years or so, I was under the impression that the NY Times editorial board wouldn't let columnists endorse candidates directly. I know Krugman went out of his way to not officially endorse during either the 2004 campaign or this one, though it's been pretty clear that he liked Edwards before he dropped out and prefers Clinton's health care plan to Obama's.

So does this mark a change in policy for the NY Times? I wonder.

Newer Post Older Post Home