It's getting nasty on the right

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.


And he's waiting for John McCain. To die.
NAVASOTA, Texas - Campaigning for Mike Huckabee, actor Chuck Norris said Sunday that Sen. John McCain is too old to handle the pressures of being president.

"I didn't pick John to support because I'm just afraid that the vice president would wind up taking over his job in that four-year presidency," said Norris, who was hosting a fundraiser for Huckabee at his Lone Wolf Ranch.

"So we need to find someone that can handle it for four years or eight years ... that has the youth and vision and communication skills to make that work." Norris, 67, is four years younger than McCain, who will be 72 in August.


The Republican campaign has always had more potential for mirthful moments than the Democratic one has, and now that the Democratic side is basically down to Clibama (as opposed to Clibamawards), my interest will really wane in my own party's race. The Republicans, however--this is gonna get nasty before it's all over. At this point, I think we're down to 3 candidates, really: Romney, Huckabee and McCain. (I keep waiting for Ron Paul supporters to say they're taking their blimp and going home--maybe after Super Pooper Tuesday.) But looking at the options: plastic, old or psychotically religious--I suspect the next couple of months will offer multiple opportunities for mirth. I can't wait.

Newer Post Older Post Home