I don't understand this, um, logic

Mike Huckabee has suggested that the Supreme Court likely made the right decision in striking down state sodomy laws; he also suggests that states should still be able to regulate (I mean, ban) same sex marriage.

Here's his explanation (found at the CNN Political Ticker):

"What people do in the privacy of their own lives as adults is their business," Huckabee said. "If they bring it into the public square and ask me as a taxpayer to support it or to endorse it, then it becomes a matter of public discussion and discourse."


Okay, I get the part where marriage requires a license and civic approval, so same-sex marriage is out in the public square. I don't get what being a tax payer has to do with it.

Did we miss out on some great big secret tax-payer sponsored fund that pays for weddings? Cause Bradley and I spent quite a bit of money on ours. And I hate feeling left out.

Acutally, in all seriousness, I do not understand the logic here.

Newer Post Older Post Home