Satan Comes to Florida and the Random Ten

The Great Orange Satan, that is, and he's not exactly coming to Florida. He is, however, going to do an interview on Kenneth Quinnell's Progressive Radio program today. You can get the stream here. The show kicks off at 1:00 p.m. EDT, at which point I will be expounding upon Othello to my enraptured Drama students.

Also tonight, if you're in the Boca Raton area, FAU is hosting a creative nonfiction reading, hosted by none other than our Bradley, and including a reading by Culture Industry phenomenon Mark Scroggins. 7:00 tonight in the Ritter Gallery. If you find yourself facing an older guy with a gray, push-broom mustache, who's screaming about the SunBelt Conference, you've wandered into the homecoming festivities for the Mighty Burrow Owls, who are taking on the fearsome Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks. I've never been to a university homecoming event--it was something that I thought died with high school--so I have no doubt I'd be utterly terrified at such a happening. I have bribed a couple of my classes with promises of extra credit if they show up at the reading, however, so perhaps they will drop by on their way to the club. I don't expect more than ten, and of the ten, I expect at least four will look sullen.

Here's the Random Ten--Amy suggested last night that I should do an all-vasectomy reversal version, as I'm having the procedure done next Tuesday, but about the only catchy tune we could think to modify was "We Want the Spunk," and if you're starting there, the descent into hell is rapid and merciless. Here we go.

1. Brown Sugar--Mos Def
2. Aquarium--Me'shell Ndegéocello
3. Who Got It--Talib Kweli
4. Died In Your Arms--Cutting Crew (that's embarrassing)
5. Naked Eye--Luscious Jackson
6. Sign Your Name--Terence Trent D'Arby
7. Put a Sex Mo-Sheen in the White House--Mojo Nixon
8. Salt Flat Epic--Veruca Salt
9. The Remedy--Jason Mraz
10. Waterloo--ABBA

Feel free to add your own, or to come up with your own sperm-reference song titles.

Newer Post Older Post Home