A week of vegetarian food ...

... and we're doing pretty well. Boca meatless "chicken" patties are really good -- especially on good rolls. I'm also trying new recipes. Last night's dinner was successful: I made Jamaican Style Vegetable Turnovers (get the recipe here). I thought I'd share them with you.

Here they are ready to go in the oven:

If you make them, use a cookie sheet rather than the jelly roll pan like I did. The edges came out a little crispy and they baked a little unevenly. I think that's because I didn't follow the directions entirely.

Making the turnovers was a huge mess:

I ended up using three different cutting board -- one to cut the vegetables and two for rolling out the dough. I think that's a record for me. The mess was part of why these were incredibly fun to make -- but if you do it, you're going to need quite a bit of counter space.

This is what's inside of them. The turmeric turns the onions that gorgeous color:


And of course, the money shot:

They were delicious. I crimped the edges a little too much, so they ended up a little burnt. We just cut that off. Next time I make these, I'm going to add more jalapeno. Otherwise, the recipe works as it is.

Newer Post Older Post Home