Reason #238: He Makes a Mean Gardenburger

A new study coming out of New Zealand reports that, often vegans only want to have sex with other vegans.

I'm not blogging about this because I have strong feelings on this one either way-- I mean, different people find different things attractive in another person, and it stands to reason that someone who makes such a lifestyle choice out of deep personal convictions would be more attracted to someone who's made a similiar choice out of similar convictions.

Still, this line from vegan Janna Cunningham kinda stuck in my craw:

"[Meat-eaters'] body odor is pungent. Their sweat is extremely smelly. Their spit, and all their body fluids, are strong and stinky. Vegetarian people are not so smelly."

Oh, come on! I understand being sanctimonious-- and, in fact, I think vegetarians are entitled to be pleased with themselves (they've made an ethical decision that our culture often doesn't really support). But seriously-- eating soy makes your body odor smell like roses? Other excretions are suddenly pleasant? Literally, you're suggesting that your shit doesn't stink?

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree on this one.

Newer Post Older Post Home