Gordon Lee's Trial Delayed Yet Again and a Random Ten
From The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund:
"The long running case of Georgia v. Gordon Lee just got longer. The closely watched Free Expression case, which was scheduled to go to trial yesterday, was postponed because the judge was unable to appear due to illness. The case will be rescheduled, and is likely to run on the next misdemeanor trial calendar this November.
“'Obviously we’re disappointed that the case was unable to go yesterday, as scheduled, but understand that this kind of delay is nobody’s fault and unavoidable. We wish Judge Salmon a speedy recovery,' says CBLDF Executive Director Charles Brownstein."
It's unfortunate that the judge is ill and all, but it still strikes me as incredible that the prosecutors continue to insist on bringing this case to trial-- when all is said and done, the authorities in Rome, Georgia, will have wasted $80,000 and three years of an innocent man's life, all because some hysterical mother wouldn't accept an apology.
Here's my Random Ten for the day. Shuffle and type.
1. "Happy X-Mas (War is Over)"-- John Lennon
2. "Girl"-- Prince
3. "Bonin' in the Boneyward"-- Fishbone
4. "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of"-- U2
5. "I Heard Her Call My Name"-- The Velvet Underground
6. "Past the Mission"-- Tori Amos
7. "Vessel"-- Nine Inch Nails
8. "Jane"-- Barenaked Ladies
9. "Boys Don't Cry"-- Reel Big Fish
10. "40'"-- Franz Ferdinand