Fatigued

I share Brian's sense of being overwhelmed lately. Not just by technology, but with... everything. The news coming out of Washington just keeps getting weirder and weirder and distressing and irritating... But it's coming so quickly, I just feel kind of numb. And I've found, lately, that even the leftwing blogs that had been a source of sanity and community haven't been so reassuring lately. I think that most of us agree on fundamental things like social justice, an end to the occupation of Iraq, and that we would like for the next Republican sex scandal to involve Rick Santorum and a milking machine. But the recent disagreements over things like whether Dan Savage hates fat people, or whether it's more accurate and appropriate to say that the child victim of the recent West Palm Beach gang rape was "forced to have sex with his mother" or "forced to rape his mother" have been very heated, with people on both sides arguing passionately (though in good faith, for the most part). These intense arguments-- while important to have-- have left me feeling exhausted.

So I'm taking it easy today. No more politics for the rest of the day. No grading, either. I think I'll take Emily to see that new Harry Potter movie she's been so looking forward to (Emily's a big Harry Potter fan, if you didn't know that). I hear this one's got some magical shit in it! Should be swell.

Anyway. Here's a clip of General Hospital's Tony Geary hawking Members Only jackets. I hope it brightens your day as much as it brightened mine.

Newer Post Older Post Home