Tagged

It's been a while since I got hit with a meme, and it may take some doing to find 8 folks to pass this one along to, but why the hell not?

1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

So--eight random facts about me.

1. I spend way too much time online.

2. I haven't talked to or heard from my parents in over a year and the last time we had any meaningful conversation was over two years ago. This happens when you leave a fundamentalist church.

3. At one time, I knew all the words to "If I Were a Rich Man," and "Tradition" from Fiddler on the Roof. I used to sing them in my bedroom, imitating Topol's accent.

4. My best poems have never been published, and that doesn't bother me as much as you might think.

5. They're all about Amy, and she likes them, so the editors who turned them down are stupid.

6. I once portrayed both Confession and Discretion in a performance of Everyman.

7. It involved a costume change in the wings--no time to get back to the dressing room for modesty's sake.

8. I (at least) once had a complete stranger assume my real name and post truly hateful things on a right-wing blog. I would never have discovered this unless another poster hadn't emailed me and asked me why I wrote them. I still don't know why someone would try to do that.


So, I need 8 people, huh? Grim, Michael, Walrus, divine mandate, Someday Satori, Freewoman, Phydeaux Speaks, and Dohiyimir. Enjoy.

Newer Post Older Post Home