Obama, why dost thou test me so?

I want to vote for Obama. I really do. I like his inspirational style. I like his biography. I like the way he says we have to rise above the current system and start talking to each other instead of at each other. I've had that quote at the top of this blog since before the 2004 elections. In some ways, he's my dream candidate.

And then, just as I go and change my mind on the necessity for impeachment, he goes and says this:

"I think you reserve impeachment for grave, grave breeches, and intentional breeches of the president's authority," he said.

As Melissa says, "what the fuck does he think has been going on at the White House for the past six years?" There are any number of actions that Bush and Cheney have taken that fall under the definition of "grave, grave breeches," not the least of which is the recent flouting of Congressional authority that made me turn the corner myself.

So say you think it's a moot point because they'll never be removed, or say there are more important things for the country to deal with right now, but don't say they haven't done anything worthy of the charges being brought. We're not stupid, Barack, and neither are you.

Newer Post Older Post Home