More on James Holsinger

I just wanted to direct your attention to this nifty little post on Dr. James Holsinger, President Bush's Surgeon General nominee. There's not much new information there, but it's informative and more detailed than the arrogant snickering about quack doctors that I posted here not too very long ago.

The most important thing to remember is that this is a man who believes that homosexuality is a disorder than can be treated medically-- this position puts him at odds with every medical organization in the country. You don't put organized crime lords on law enforcement task forces; you don't put David Horowitz in charge of higher education; you don't appoint religious zealots who let personal conviction blind them to scientific realities to the position of Surgeon General of the United States.

Edit: I just realized that I ended this post in the middle of a thought. It's been corrected now. I'm a moron.

Newer Post Older Post Home