James Carville should never get another job

With a Democratic campaign, that is. He can flack on CNN all he wants. Via Atrios comes the above link, where we learn that James Carville signed a letter begging Libby's judge to have mercy on him during sentencing. Skimming the letter, it sounds to me like the reasoning is that Libby is good with kids, and so shouldn't have to go to jail for obstructing justice and lying to a grand jury in an investigation into who outed a CIA undercover agent who was in charge of non-proliferation of nuclear weapons in the Middle East.

Look, I'm good with kids too--ask any of our friends who have younguns. I'm the crazy guy who picks the kiddies up and twirls them overhead while they squeal in delight. But I wouldn't expect that to be a point in my favor if I were convicted of treason.

But that's beside the point. Carville has now said--in writing, since he appended his name to this--that he defends Libby. Any candidate running for office should make note of that, and should expect that if he or she is running in a primary, that such an association will come up.

Newer Post Older Post Home