I don't understand how her mind works

I can understand being anti-abortion. I think it's ridiculous to want to control another person's body to that extent, and I think it's reprehensible to force a woman to carry a pregnancy to term because you think it's murder--I think that position is factually incorrect and immoral, but I can understand it. But this just blows my mind.

Debbie Schlussel cites a study that shows Congresspeople who have daughters are more likely to support reproductive freedom. Here's how she sees it.

But I'd draw a different conclusion: Congressmen who are liberal are more likely to have slutty daughters. And therefore, they are more likely to support abortion for selfish, personal reasons.

Huh? Okay, I'm not a Congressman, though I do have a daughter and I do support reproductive freedom and I consider myself a liberal (insofar as that term has any meaning), but I don't do it because my daughter is a slut. I support reproductive freedom because I support individual rights. Her body, her choice. Simple as that. So where does Schlussel come up with this? Do you think she really believes it, or is she pulling a Coulter?

Newer Post Older Post Home