Huh. Didn't know they'd started this already

Let me begin by saying I'm a big fan of the dollar coin, and wish they'd dump the bill in favor of it. It's mostly an aesthetic thing for me, though I'd also rather deal with coins in vending machines (in the rare circumstances when I use them these days) than with getting temperamental singles to go up the reader. Anyway, here's my point. The John Adams dollar will be coming out soon, and while I'm certainly not convinced that it will be the savior of the coin--William Henry Harrison's dollar will be new in circulation nearly three times as long as he served in office, for example--it does add a bit of novelty to the long disparaged coin.

And I'm sure conservatives will lobby to get Reagan's coin moved up--maybe they'll even try to get him on a five dollar coin all by himself.

Newer Post Older Post Home