Oh, the sleep and the Random Ten
Just a couple more weeks and there will be a very short respite between terms--ten days this time, I believe--but it will still be a respite. Right now, I have papers to grade, a student who has to return to Brazil for surgery because he doesn't have insurance here (and I have to decide what to do about his grade), and more papers on the way. I remember, when I was a kid, that my parents (among others) would slag teachers about wanting raises because they only worked 9 months a year. I think if I did this for 12 months a year, I'd kill someone.
Here's the Random Ten. Put your iTunes or other computer music program on random and write the next ten songs. No cheating to look less cool than you really are. Here we go.
1. Jackie, Dressed in Cobras--The New Pornographers
2. The Reflex (Dance Mix)--Duran Duran (I have the 45 hanging around somewhere, I swear)
3. Burn One Down--Ben Harper
4. Guajira (I Love U 2 Much)--Yerba Buena
5. If I Had Possession Over Judgment Day--Eric Clapton
6. Friend of the Devil--Grateful Dead
7. Perry Mason of Love--Mojo Nixon
8. Can't get you outta my mind--The Ramones
9. Down By the Seasude--Robert Plant & Tori Amos
10. Honeymoon Blues--Robert Johnson
On the plus side, in my workshop today, we did a poem that ended with the lines "will still cradle the 3 inches of / rage god gave me." Make of that what you will.
Labels: Random Ten