Back in the swing of it
And no, that's not a hint as to makeup of the random ten this week. Classes began this week--in fact, I'll be meeting my Poetry workshop for the first time in a few minutes--and so far, so good. I'm taking a bit more of a philosophical approach to my classes this term, especially in the Drama class, where I'm presenting it with the mindset of "drama as social commentary." We're beginning with "Lysistrata," which I'm surprised hasn't been updated or filmed in the last five years or so. I'm really interested in seeing what my students come up with for their first writing assignment.

So here's the random ten: put the iTunes on party shuffle and put down the next ten songs. No cheating to make yourself look geeky chic.

1. Cantaloupe Island--Herbie Hancock
2. Gonna Move--Susan Tedeschi
3. Chango--Ozomatli
4. A Movie Script Ending--Death Cab For Cutie
5. Treat Me--Boozoo Bajou
6. I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever)--Stevie Wonder
7. Green River--Creedence Clearwater Revival
8. They Raided the House--Louis Jordan
9. I Can't Wait--Nu Shooz
10. I Ran--A Flock of Seagulls

My 80s teenage years come back to haunt me, alas. So what are you listening to these days?

Newer Post Older Post Home