Sex Scandals Galore and the Random Ten
Just a couple of weeks ago, the happiest person in politics was George Allen, and the saddest was anyone remotely connected to Mark Foley. Two days ago, the saddest was John Kerry, and the happiest was anyone connected to Mark Foley (or Iraq, or the Republicans in general). Today, the happiest person in politics is John Kerry, and the saddest is anyone connected to Ted Haggard, meth-addicted and self-loathing gay evangelist. Sex always trumps any other scandal, and I've been pleasantly surprised at how, despite the GOP attempts to make this and Foley an anti-gay screed, the media has kept the story one of hypocrisy, not sexuality.
Here's the random ten: iTunes on party shuffle and the next ten songs--and as I proved a couple of weeks ago, no cheating by skipping horrendous songs, no matter what poor justification you use to explain their appearance. Here we go.
1. You're Gonna Miss Me--13th Floor Elevators
2. Sting Me--The Black Crowes
3. Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth--Primitive Radio Gods
4. May I Have a Talk With You--Stevie Ray Vaughan
5. Equal Rights--Peter Tosh
6. It's Over--Squirrel Nut Zippers
7. Galileo--Indigo Girls (Go ahead Amy. Give me some shit for this one. :) )
8. Superman--Lazlo Bane
9. Truckin'--Grateful Dead
10. Meet Me By the Fire--Katherine Whalen (former female lead singer for Squirrel Nut Zippers)
Special Bonus Track: Ass Breath Killers--The Coup. Terrific Song.
So what are you listening to? (Like anyone will answer.)