A late Thanksgiving and Random Ten
Amy's mom got sick Wednesday, so we postponed family Thanksgiving for a day and spent all today cooking and talking and generally not grading papers--tomorrow is going to suck so bad--but that meant we got two Thanksgiving dinners thanks to John and Emily. So that's why I'm late with the random ten today. Here we go--the next ten songs on iTunes party shuffle. Don't laugh.
1. Modern Moonlight--The Dresden Dolls
2. Break Your Heart--Barenaked Ladies
3. Stop Drop and Roll--Squirrel Nut Zippers
4. Cool Breeze--Dizzy Gillespie and Charlie Parker
5. Days of Wine and Roses--Dexter Gordon
6. Ijuswannalayaroundalldayinbedwithyou--The Coup
7. King of Comedy--R.E.M.
8. Hey You--Pink Floyd
9. Rosalita--Bruce Springsteen
10. Don't Look Back--Luscious Jackson
Again with The Coup--that song ends on the line "I said, we're in bed together like George W. Bush and Saddam Hussein," and immediately jumps into the next song, which has a woman's voice singing "Bush and Hussein together in bed, giving H-E-A-D head. Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said. Billions made and millions dead." Funny stuff.