Friday Random Ten

Running late today, and not a lot of time to mess around either. Here's the list--set the iTunes on Party Shuffle and see what comes out. (Sometimes I wish I had the sound effect from the God machine for this.) Here we go.

1. Lunar Landscapes--John Vanderslice
2. In Spite of Ourselves--John Prine w/Iris Dement
3. Baby Let's Have a Baby Before Bush Do Something Crazy--The Coup*
4. Female of the Species--Space
5. 2:45 A.M.--Elliot Smith
6. Dyer Maker--Led Zeppelin
7. Alcohol--Barenaked Ladies
8. Cruise Your New Baby Fly Self--Girls Against Boys
9. Pacific Theme--Broken Social Scene
10. Leather and Lace--Stevie Nicks and Don Henley

*I just downloaded The Coup's album from eMusic the other day, and I love it. It's hiphop, it's got a groove, lots of talk about revolution, and one of the rappers has a very interesting style. This song is the weakest on the album, I believe. "Laugh, Love, Fuck and Drink Liquor" and "Ass Breath Killer" are my two faves.

Newer Post Older Post Home