He certainly couldn't be worse than Ah-nold

Via the sports pages, I discovered that Charles Barkley, one of my favorite NBA players ever, is thinking about running for Governor of Alabama, possibly in 2010. He's talked about this before, back when he was playing for Phoenix, but he was a Republican then. He's saying now that if he runs, he'll do so as a Democrat, which would be a welcome boost to the Dems in Alabama, but would also be a much tougher challenge for him to win.

Part of the reason I've always liked Barkley was because he's never afraid to tell you what he's thinking.

Barkley continued to identify himself as a Republican until recently, when he switched parties. "I was a Republican until they lost their minds," he said earlier this month.


I can only hope there's a lot of Republican voters feeling the same way in November.

On a completely unrelated note, I discovered from the above article that the first name of the head of the Alabama GOP is Twinkle. No, I am not kidding.

Newer Post Older Post Home