Friday Random Ten and some really good news

Earlier in the week, I told you that I'd been shortlisted for a prize. I got the email yesterday--one of my poems was selected at the $5,000 level. I don't know which poem yet, and I don't know where that falls in the hierarchy of prizes, but the poems should be up tomorrow, and I'll definitely be linking them then. So massive thanks to the Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Foundation for the contest, which is in its second year, for their support of poets and writers.

And now for the random ten. ITunes on party shuffle, first ten songs, no skipping over the Safety Dance/Freebird dance mix.

1. Hell--Squirrel Nut Zippers I got to sing this one at Solo's retirement party before we left San Francisco. It's a high point of my life.

2. Loaded Gun--Reverend Horton Heat Huh?

3. Long Distance Runaround--Yes Ah, a throwback to my high school years. I keep my Yes tunes around more out of nostalgia than anything else. I rarely listen to them--don't have the ennui necessary.

4. Shango Tango--Dr. John Wanna talk about nostalgia?

5. Sunday Bloody Sunday--U2 Another high school song, but I still listen to this one on occasion.

6. The Sky is Crying--Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble In my limited view, this is the definitive version of the song. I've never herad another one even close.

7. Mandolin Rain--Bruce Hornsby and the Range See the Safety Dance rule.

8. Learning to Fly--Pink Floyd I know lots of Floyd fans who dis anything that came after Waters left the band. I think they're idiots.

9. Overkill--Men at Work Jesus, am I on an 80's roll today?

10. No One is to Blame--Howard Jones Yes. Yes I am.

Thank god that's over with.

Newer Post Older Post Home