Yeah, but now what do we do with it

You see above my most major accomplishment over the winter break--a photomosaic jigsaw puzzle Amy bought on a whim. The first night it was open, the three of us gather around the card table, searching for border pieces, and when we finished that section, we felt a sense of accomplishment.

Then the obsessive side of my nature kicked in. Everyone else lost interest for the most part--Monkey helped a little, especially at the end, but it was all me, squinting my eyes at the enclosed poster to find where the pieces I'd pulled from the box fit into that bastard of an image. One night I got so lost in it that I stayed up past five in the morning cramming puzzle pieces into place.

Amy will never buy another jigsaw puzzle, I'm fairly sure of that. And that's one of the many reasons I love her so.

Newer Post Older Post Home