There's a first time for everything

Michael tagged me with this little meme. What the hell.

Seven Things To Do Before I Die
1. Leave the country (just for a visit)
2. Publish a book of poetry that is reviewed in the New York Times Review of Books
3. Vote in a general election for a politician instead of against one
4. Be offered a tenure-track position in a creative-writing program
5. See George W. Bush perp-walked into a courtroom, whether before or after he finishes his term.
6. Get another advanced degree
7. Have some photos blown up and shown in an exhibition

Seven Things I Cannot Do
1. A pull-up
2. Write readable fiction
3. Read anything by Don DeLillo
4. Go back into a Kingdom Hall
5. Watch cable news without flipping off the television and/or screaming
6. Listen to death-metal
7. Sleep the night before a trip

Seven Things That Attract Me to...Blogging
1. The notion that someone, somewhere is actually reading what I write
2. It keeps me from vandalizing cars that still have Bush/Cheney stickers on them.
3. Like Michael, I wrote an editorial column in college, and this allows me to keep that feeling while dropping the occasional f-bomb.
4. The danger
5. The non-secret nature of my secret identity
6. David Hasselhoff
7. The possibility that it could cost me #4 in the first section

Seven Things I Say Most Often
1. Fuck that noise
2. Yes, you can turn it in on Tuesday instead.
3. Yes, I'll have another.
4. God, you suck
5. It might be worth it to get cable, just to watch the Daily Show and Battlestar Galactica.
6. How much longer until payday?
7. I love the academic schedule.

Seven Books I Love
1. Nonzero: The Logic of Human Destiny by Robert Wright
2. Same Places, Same Things by Tim Gautreaux
3. Six Stories by Douglas Adams (The Complete Hitchiker's Guide series)
4. America by Jon Stewart
5. Collected Poems by E. E. Cummings
6. A Reader's Manifesto by B. R. Myers (not done with it yet, but damn is it good)
7. History of Art by H. W. Janson

Seven Movies I Watch Over and Over Again
1. All of Kevin Smith except Jersey Girl and Chasing Amy
2. Galaxy Quest
3. Blazing Saddles
4. High Fidelity
5. The Princess Bride
6. The Fog of War
7. Casablanca

Seven People I Want to Join In
1. Walrus (either in the comments or maybe he could start a film blog of his own? Hmmm?)
2. Amy has hers up already.
3. Alison
4. Divine Mandate
5. Stephen
6,7. I'm out of people to ask.

Newer Post Older Post Home